Our Platinum Inspection and Photo Computer Report Includes:
|✓ Roof, vents, flashings and trim.
||✓ Gutters and downspouts.
|✓ Skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations.
||✓ Decks, stoops, porches, walkways, and railings.
|✓ Eaves, soffit and fascia.
||✓ Grading and drainage.
|✓ Basement, foundation and crawlspace.
||✓ Water penetration and foundation movement.
|✓ Heating systems.
||✓ Cooling systems.
|✓ Main water shut off valves.
||✓ Water heating system.
|✓ Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets.
||✓ Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats.
|✓ Electrical service line and meter box.
||✓ Main disconnects and service amperage.
|✓ Electrical panels, breakers and fuses.
||✓ Grounding and bonding.
|✓ GFCI's and AFCI's.
||✓ Fireplace damper door and hearth.
|✓ Insulation and ventilation.
||✓ Garage doors, safety sensors and openers.
TESTS INCLUDED FOR EVERY INSPECTION
- PERFORM RADON GAS TEST BY ION MONITOR FOR 60 HOURS. (Optional- $99 extra).
- PERFORM CARBON MONOXIDE GAS TEST
- PERFORM GAS TEST FOR NATURAL GAS, PROPANE, METHANE, and HYDROGEN.
- PERFORM TEMPERATURE TEST AT EVERY HEATING VENT REGISTER and report on air balance
- PERFORM TEMPERATURE TEST AT EVERY A/C VENT REGISTER and report on air balance
- PERFORM TEMPERATURE TEST AT EVERY HOT WATER FAUCET
- PERFORM TEMPERATURE TEST FOR EVERY APPLIANCE
- PERFORM SMOKE DETECTOR TEST AT EVERY DETECTOR
AND MUCH MORE as DETAILED BELOW!!!
We provide an inspection report thoroughly describing the condition of the home, INCLUDING:
- The roof covering.
- The gutters.
- The downspouts.
- The vents, flashings, skylights, chimney and other roof penetrations.
- The general structure of the roof from the readily accessible panels, doors or stairs.
- The siding, flashing and trim, and general structure, and report on any deficiencies.
- ALL exterior DOORS and LOCKS, decks, stoops, steps, stairs, porches, railings, eaves, soffits and fascias.
- And report as in need of repair any spacing between intermediate balusters, spindles, or rails for steps, stairways, balconies, and railings that permit the passage of an object greater than four inches in diameter.
- ALL exterior WINDOWS and LOCKS.
- The vegetation, surface drainage and retaining walls when these are likely to adversely affect the structure.
- And describe the exterior wall covering.
2.3. Basement, Foundation & Crawlspace
- The basement.
- The foundation
- The crawlspace.
- The visible structural components.
- And report on the location of under-floor access openings.
- And report any present conditions or clear indications of active water penetration observed by the inspector.
- For wood in contact or near soil.
- And report any general indications of foundation movement that are observed by the inspector, such as but not limited to sheetrock cracks, brick cracks, out-of-square door frames or floor slopes.
- And report on any cutting, notching and boring of framing members which may present a structural or safety concern.
- The heating systems using normal operating controls and describes the energy source and heating method.
- And report as in need of repair heating systems which do not operate.
- And report if the heating systems are deemed inaccessible
- Test temperature at EVERY VENT REGISTER.
- The central cooling equipment using normal operating controls.
- Test temperature at EVERY VENT REGISTER.
- Verify the presence of and identify the location of the main water shutoff valve.
- Inspect the water heating equipment, including combustion air, venting, connections, energy sources, seismic bracing, and verify the presence or absence of temperature-pressure relief valves and/or Watts 210 valves.
- Flush ALL toilets.
- Run water in EVERY sinks, tubs, and showers.
- Inspect EVERY interior water supply including ALL fixtures and faucets, and TEST EVERY hot water temperature
- Inspect EVERY drain, waste and vent systems, including ALL fixtures.
- Describe any visible fuel storage systems. PERFORM GAS LEAK TEST FOR NATURAL GAS, PROPANE, METHANE, and HYDROGEN.
- Inspect the drainage sump pumps and test pumps with accessible floats.
- Inspect and describe the water supply, drain, waste and main fuel shut-off valves, as well as the location of the water main and main fuel shut-off valves.
- Inspect and determine if the water supply is public or private.
- Inspect and report as in need of repair deficiencies in the water supply by viewing the functional flow in two or more fixtures operated simultaneously.
- Inspect and report as in need of repair deficiencies in installation and identification of EVERY hot and cold faucets.
- Inspect and report as in need of repair of EVERY mechanical drain-stops that are missing or do not operate if installed in sinks, lavatories and tubs.
- Inspect and report as in need of repair of EVERY commodes that have cracks in the ceramic material, are improperly mounted on the floor, leak, or have tank components which do not operate.
- The service drop/lateral.
- The meter socket enclosures.
- The means for disconnecting the service main.
- And determine the rating of the service amperage.
- Panel boards and over current devices (breakers and fuses).
- And report on any unused circuit breaker panel openings that are not filled.
- The service grounding and bonding.
- ALL switches, receptacles, lighting fixtures, AFCI protected receptacles.
- ALL Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) receptacles and GFCI circuit breakers observed and deemed to be GFCI's during the inspection using a GFCI tester.
- And report the presence of solid conductor aluminum branch circuit wiring if readily visible.
- And report on any tested GFCI-tested receptacles in which power was not present, polarity is incorrect, is not secured to the wall, the cover is not in place, the ground fault circuit interrupter devices are not properly installed or do not operate properly, evidence of arcing or excessive heat is present, or where the receptacle is not grounded or is not secured to the wall.
- The service entrance conductors and the condition of the conductor insulation.
- And describe the amperage rating of the service.
- Test and report on EVERY Smoke Detector.
- Perform CARBON MONOXIDE TEST.
- Service entrance cables and report as in need of repair deficiencies in the integrity of the insulation, drip loop, or separation of conductors at weather heads and clearances from grade or rooftops.
- The fireplace, and open and close the damper door if readily accessible and operable.
- Hearth extensions and other permanently installed components.
- And report as in need of repair deficiencies in the lintel, hearth and material surrounding the fireplace, including clearance from combustible materials
2.9. Attic, Ventilation & Insulation
- The insulation in unfinished spaces.
- The ventilation of attic spaces.
- Mechanical ventilation systems.
- And report on the general absence or lack of insulation.
2.10. Doors, Windows & Interior
- Open and close EVERY door and window and Lock.
- Inspect the walls, ceilings, steps, stairways, and railings.
- And report as in need of repair any spacing between intermediate balusters, spindles, or rails for steps, stairways, and railings that permits the passage of an object greater than four inches in diameter.
- Inspect garage doors and garage door openers by operating first by remote (if available) and then by the installed automatic door control.
- And report as in need of repair any installed electronic sensors that are not operable or not installed at proper heights above the garage door.
- And report as in need of repair any door locks or side ropes that have not been removed or disabled when garage door opener is in use.
- And report as in need of repair any windows that are obviously fogged or display other evidence of broken seals.
* Every property is unique so the list varies slightly for each inspection.